The Mercer Island Community Fund is currently accepting grant applications with a deadline of January 31, 2013.
It considers applications from non-profit organizations for funding that benefits the Mercer Island community in the following categories: (a). Arts and Culture, (b.) Environment and Conservation, (c.) Community Development, (d.) Recreation, (e.) Social Service and (f.) Health within the meaning and limitations of Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
In 2012, the fund's grant recipients included:
- Mercer Island Parks and Recreation - Adventure Playground and Fantastic Friday's
- Mercer Island Farmer's Market - Education Activities
- Island Youth Ballet - Costumes for a new production of Cinderella
- Mercer Island Band Boosters - Instrument Coaches and new drum line equipment
- Youth Theatre Northwest - Production of Enchanted Tales
- Mercer Island Summer Celebration
- Mostly Music in the Parks