EVENTS FOR FAMILIES, August 31, 2011 – September 7, 2011
August 31: Movies at the Museum at the KidsQuest Museum
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Put on your pjs and bring your favorite stuffed animal to watch The Tigger Movie
- Cost: $4 per member, $7 non-member and $3 for Jet City pizza and lemonade. Pre-registration encouraged online.
September 3: Guided Canoe Trip Through the
- 8:45 a.m. to Noon
- Explore the beautiful Mercer Slough Nature Park by water with your family. Bellevue Park Rangers lead the canoe trip that begins and ends at the Boat Launch. You’ll see how this amazing ecosystem functions as you travel into the heart of Mercer Slough Nature Park, a 320 acre wetland. With a little luck, you may catch a glimpse of the otters, herons, turtles and other wildlife of Mercer Slough. Kids must be age five and up and there must be one adult caretaker present for every two children. Some paddling experience required and participants are required to paddle a distance of 4 miles. Questions? Call 425-452-7225
- Cost: $16 Pre-registration is required by Sept. 2 by calling 425 452-6885 or online.
September 4: Kids Table at the at
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kids of all ages are invited to stop by the Kids Table and make flower prints and collages. Enjoy live music while you shop and ask visiting Master Gardners about your lawn and garden challenges.
- Cost: Free
September 6: The Homework Challenge Begins at
- Mercer Island students are invited to participate in the Homework Challenge from September 6, 2011 to October 29, 2011.
- Every time the student does his or her homework without being asked they get a check on their chart. Once the chart is completed, return the chart to Mercer Island Martial Arts and the student will receive invitations for themselves and friends and family to the Homework Winners Party on October 29, 2011. The open house style party will run from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and feature a big bouncy house, costume contests, popcorn, carnival games, and a chance to break a board.
- Non-members as well as members are invited to participate. Pre-registration is required by phone 206 230-9050 or email email@example.com
- Cost: Free to those who complete the challenge and contribute a donation of a minimum of five cans of food to be donated to the food bank
September 7: Taming Transition Times Presentation at the
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Vicki Smolke presents strategies for creating routines to help families successfully manage transitions in their daily lives and reestablish routines after a change in schedule – such as returning to school.
- Questions? Contact Kim Lawson at KLawson@sjcc.org or 206-388-0829
- Cost: Free for SJCC Members and $10 for non members. Register online.
at Going Out of Business Sale
- Deal: It is the final days for this book store and everything left is now on sale for up to 70% off.
- Good Through: Limited time.
Buy One, Get Half Price Off Everything Else at in
- Deal: Just in time for back to school, Payless Shoe Source is having a buy one, get half off everything else including shoes, socks and accessories.
- Good Through: September 6, 2011