EVENTS FOR FAMILIES, April 20, 2011 – April 27, 2011
April 20: Terrific Twos Story Time
- Time: 11 a.m.
- Children’s story time at the . Stories, songs and puppets for ages two to three with a caregiver.
- Cost: Free
- Time: 2 p.m.
- Celebrate Earth Day at KidsQuest museumby using recycled paper to create works of art which you can take home, plant in your yard and watch the flowers grow.
- Cost: Free to members or with admission.
April 22: Opening Night for Thirteen
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Funny musical by the members of about the challenges of being the new kid at middle school and the value of friendship. Performances run through May 8th at the theater located at 8805 S.E. 40th Street. Friday and Saturday night shows at 7 PM, Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2 PM. Content suitable for twelve and up.
- Cost: $13 to $17. Purchase tickets online or call 206-232-4145, ext. 109.
April 23: Spring Eggs-travaganza and Flashlight Egg Hunt
- Time: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Eggs-travaganza for kids ages one to six; 8:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Flashlight Egg Hunt for ages seven to ten.
- Hop on over to for two super fun events. Bring a basket to collect eggs and a flashlight for the Flashlight Egg Hunt. No kids over six are allowed at the first event, which also features a special area for one to three year olds and NO parents on the field.
- Cost: Free
April 26: Passover Family Fun Learning Event – Pre-K to 5th Grade
- Time: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- This program at the Mercer Island explores the themes of Passover through music, art projects, cooking and games.
- Cost: SJCC members - $5 for a single ticket or $20 per family, non-members $10 for a single ticket or $30 for family. Free for Kidstown Members and Families.
- For more information contact SJCC Youth and Family Program Manager Matt Korch at Mattk@sjcc.org or 206-388-0830.
The new in downtown Bellevue
- Deal: A free umbrella with a purchase total of $25 or more.
- It is worth the trip to Bellevue to grab some great deals on lunch box staples as part of the on-going Grand Opening sale for the new Bellevue location at the old Larry’s Market site off NE 8th at 699 120th Ave. NE. Your kids will love the huge selection of origami paper and Hello Kitty accessories.
- Good Through: One umbrella per customer, while supplies last.
- Deal: Spruce up your child’s spring wardrobe with shorts, dresses, sandals and shirts on sale now.
- Good through: April 27, 2011