May 23: Words Into Music, Dance and Fun at the
- 10 am to 10:45 am
- For families with children of all ages.
- Join award-winning singer and songwriter Charlie Hope for this fun, interactive concert with loads of music and dancing!
- Cost: Free
May 25: Movies at Bellevue's : Hummingbirds – Magic in the Air
- 5 pm to 6:10 pm
- For families
- Enjoy a close up view into the lives of hummingbirds. Using-high-speed cameras, behaviors that are otherwise impossible to appreciate come into full light.
- Cost: Free and movie experience includes complimentary popcorn!
May 26: Enchanted Tales at
- 2 pm
- For families with children agres three and up
- A young girl lies sick in bed as her siblings comfort her with soup and stories from faraway lands. Enchanted Tales will charm your children’s imaginations with fantastic tales of ancient kingdoms, beguiling fairies, magical oranges and royalty in search of the true meaning of love and family.
- Show plays through June 10, 2012, Fridays at 7 pm, Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2 pm.
- Cost: $15 general admission, $13 youth under age 18 and Seniors
- Purchase tickets online or by calling the box office at 206-232-4145, ext. 109.
May 27: Last Indoor Playground at the for the Season
- 11 am to 2 pm
- Kids six and under accompanied by an adult caregiver will enjoy zipping around on scooters and playing with balls, giant blocks and other fun toys. A great place for you and your child to get out of the rain and run, play, socialize and have fun.
- Questions? Call 206 275-7609
- Cost: Mercer Island residents, $3.25 per child, non residents, $4.50 per child. Program sponsored by the .
- This is the last indoor playground for the season. The program will start up again in September.
May 27: Drop in Gym at the for Special Needs Kids and Teens
- 2 pm to 4 pm
- Enjoy this program for special needs kids and teens ages five to fifteen. Meet up with friends and family to enjoy playing in facility with your child or teen. The facility is not staffed so supervision by a parent or caregiver is required at all times.
- Program is offered every other Sunday so next drop in gym will be June 10 with the last session for this season offered June 24th.
- Cost: $3.25 per resident, $4.50 for non-residents of Mercer Island.
May 29: Member Hour at the
- 9 am to 10 am
- Every Tuesday and Saturday morning, museum members enjoy a special members only time from 9 am to 10 am.
- Cost: Must be a museum member to participate. Information on joining the museum is available online.
Summer Membership Special at the
- Do you have a college student home for the summer or are you a family looking to try out all the great activities available at SJCC? Then check out their great summer membership special. $99 for an individual membership or $199 for the whole family, good from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- If you decide to continue your membership, they will waive the initiation fee and summer camp non-member families can apply their camp fee towards a summer membership and pay only $139 for the whole family.
- To join, contact Heidi Turner at HeidiT@sjcc.org or 206-232-7117
- Good Through: September 9, 2012
Sol Duc Hot Springs and Iron Springs Resorts on the Olympic Penisula
- Planning your summer vacation closer to home this year or looking for a “one tank of gas” trip for your family? Then check out the specials available for travel to the beautiful Olympic Penisula.
- Iron Springs Resort on Copalis Beach is offering a “stay two nights in May or June and get the third night free” special. Call 800-380-7950 and mention the three nights for two special offer when you book your reservation.
- Check out Sol Duc Hot Springs website for several specials they are offering in celebration of its 100 year anniversary. Soak in the resort’s famous hot springs and enjoy hiking with your family on many nearby trails.
- Good Through: June 30, 2012
Starbucks We Love You Fridays
- Pop by your favorite (in Seattle only) this Friday, May 25th after 3 pm and grab a complimentary admission voucher to the Seattle Art Museum while supplies last.
- Good Through: May 25, 2012