October 27: Girl Brain, Boy Brain: See How They Learn Presentation at the
- 7 p.m.
- For parents
- Dr. JoAnn Deak, author of Girls Will Be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters, will discuss the differences between male and female brains. She will also discuss how parents and educators can support developing adolescents
- Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Cost: Free for educators, tickets on sale at the door for $5 for PTA members and $10 for nonmembers
October 29: Chinese Story Time at the
- 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- For ages three to seven
- Join Nina Li Smith as she shares stories, songs and activities in Mandarin Chinese
- Cost: Free
October 29 & 30: Halloween Carnival at the old
- Oct. 29 7 to 11 p.m., Oct. 30, 5 to 9 p.m.
- Held at old club location at 2829 West Mercer Way
- For elementary age to teens
- Cost: Free for elementary age students, $10 sixth grade and older
- Tour a two story, eight room haunted house
- Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club
October 30: Once Upon A Halloween: at
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (last tour leaves at 1:20 pm)
- For ages three and up
- Special less frightening Halloween show for younger children
- Cost: $13 for daylight performances
- Complete schedule and ticket information online.
- Join a tour of ten with a guide who’ll take you on a trip to meet the residents of the haunted forest
- Hats not umbrellas are suggested if it is raining
October 31: Town Center Trick-or-Treat!
- 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Young children are invited to "Trick-or-Treat" at participating businesses
- Children are encouraged to dress-up in costume
- Participating businesses will have an orange poster in the window
- Free event
- For more information contact the at 232-3404
October 31: Teen Zone at the
- 1:45 to 3:45 p.m.
- Hang out, do homework, play board games or just chat — Teen Zone is a great place to complete group work for school or catch up with friends Mondays after school with some exceptions. No Teen Zone December 19 or 26
- Cost: Free
October 31: at Island Crest park
- 7 to 10 p.m. (last tour leaves at 9:20 pm)
- For ages 12 and up
- Enjoy the last night of performances of Quarantine.
- Cost: $15
Quarantine Mercer Island’s Haunted Forest at Island Crest park
- Deal: Teens who bring a donation of non-perishable food to support the will receive a $2 ticket discount
- Good Through: October 31, 2011
Half Yearly Sale for Women and Kids Coming Soon
Deal: Time to inventory those closets and check if your kids need a new warm winter coat or shoes as the Half Yearly Sale starts Thursday, November 3