The annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser is back for its 6th season at local Mercer Island retailers, according to a city press release.
The glass pumpkins fundraiser is a partnership between the Youth & Family Services Foundation and a local group of glass blowers. During the month of October, Island merchants showcase glass pumpkins of every shape, size and color. The featured glass blowers are Islander Joni Johnson along with Ryan Blythe, Heath Connor and Sean Star.
Proceeds from the Pumpkin Patch directly support Mercer Island Youth & Family Services, the City of Mercer Island's human services department that touches every member of our community through counselors in the schools, senior outreach and advocacy, affordable individual and family counseling, family assistance and a thriving thrift shop.
Help preserve these vital services by shopping for glass pumpkins at these Mercer Island locations:
- Au Courant, 7900 SE 28th Street, #100
- Aljoya, 2430 - 76th Ave SE
- Banner Bank, 2918 - 78th Ave SE
- Cascade Frames, 3049 - 78th Ave SE
- Chamber of Commerce, 7605 SE 27th Street, #109
- City Hall, 9611 SE 36th Street
- - 2955 - 80th Ave SE, #101
- Mercer Island Community & Event Center, 8236 SE 24th Street
- Island Books, 3014 - 78th Ave SE
- Mercer Island Eye Works, 2729 - 78th Ave SE
- Mercer Island Florist, 3006 - 78th Ave SE
- Mercer Island Thrift Shop, 7710 SE 34th Street
- MIYFS at LB Park, 2040 - 84th Ave SE
- Mercer Wellness Chiropractic, 7605 SE 27th Street, #103
- Pilates on Mercer, 7434 SE 27th Street
- Six Walls, 2630 - 77th Ave SE, #102
- South Mercer Chevron - 8407 SE 68th Street
- Sterling Savings Bank, 7803 SE 27th Street, #102
- US Bank, 2737 - 78th Ave SE
The Pumpkin Patch will be a featured vendor at this year's Harvest Farmers Market on Sunday, Nov. 18th. Please stay tuned for more details.
If you have any questions about glass pumpkins sales or locations, please contact Kim Richards at 206-275-7754.
(Ed. Note: The information in this article was provided by a City of Mercer Island press release.)