Valentine's Day is approaching and glass heart art and jewelry are available now through February at select Island merchants.
The unique, handmade glass pieces are made by local artists. A percentage of sales proceeds from this annual event supports services provided by Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS).
This year, glass artists include: Islander Joni Johnson, with Brian Issacson, Sean Star, Heath Connor, and Ryan Blythe.
Glass art is for sale at the following Island locations:
- Au Courant, 7900 SE 28th Street, #100
- Aljoya, 2430 - 76th Ave SE
- Banner Bank, 2918 - 78th Ave SE
- Cascade Frames, 3049 - 78th Ave SE
- Chamber of Commerce, 7605 SE 27th Street, #109
- City Hall, 9611 SE 36th Street
- David Weed, 2955 - 80th Ave SE, #101
- MI Community & Event Center, 8236 SE 24th Street
- Island Books, 3014 - 78th Ave SE
- MI Eye Works, 2729 - 78th Ave SE
- MI Florist, 3006 - 78th Ave SE
- MIYFS at Luther Burbank Park, 2040 - 84th Ave SE
- Pilates on Mercer, 7434 SE 27th Street
- Six Walls, 2630 - 77th Ave SE
- Yogabliss, 7803 SE 27th Street, #174
Glass heart art and jewelry will also be available for purchase at the MIYFS Foundation's signature Giving from the Heart breakfast event on Wednesday, Feb. 13 from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Mercer Island Community & Event Center, located at 8236 SE 24th Street. For additional information about this event, please visit the MIYFS Foundation's website at www.miyfs.org.
For information about glass heart art sales, please contact MIYFS Administrative Coordinator, Kim Richards at 206-275-7754.