If you love , you don't need to wait until the end of the month to celebrate. There are plenty of opportunities all month long to get your hands dirty with your kids and enjoy some "spooktacular" experiences together. They're all within easy driving distance of (20 miles or less — see our map on the lower-right side of the page). Who knows? You might have so much fun that you'll even connect with your own inner-child!
Here are five great spots to get you started:
- Known for its 5 1/2 acre corn maze, the folks at Dr. Maze's Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm, in Redmond, know how to have a good time. On Friday and Saturday nights throughout the month of October, your kids can wander through the maze-in the dark-with their flashlights. Or, visit during the day and participate in Rubber Duck Races, pick out your perfect pumpkin or take a hayride.
- Pick some vegetables, pumpkins, walk under the "gourdwalk" and celebrate the season at Fall City Farms. There are weekend activities throughout the month, including hayrides and live music, for your added enjoyment.
- Ride a pony and talk to the animals-including goats, sheep, peacocks, pigs, rabbits and chickens-at the Fox Hollow Fall Festival. While there are plenty of daily activities all month long, you won't want to miss the Spooktacular Halloween Weekend from October 28th-31st. The weekend will be frightfully fun with: arts and crafts, face painting, bonfires with s'mores, and the special feature-The Haunted Hollow.
- Indulge in apple cider and watch a cooking demonstration, while your kids wander through the hay maze at Jubilee Farm, in Carnation. You might even be able to introduce your kids to a new veggie or two at the farm store!
- Carnation is also home to Remilinger Farms, where you can enjoy a fall fair extravaganza all month long. From go-carts to mini electric cars to live performances for the little ones, this is one festivity you won't want to miss!