Mother's Day is just days away so don't forget to buy a card and some flowers or candy to show how much you care. Or, better yet, spend some time celebrating the day with your Mom somewhere close to home. If your Mom lives out of the area, check out number five — which is the gift I am planning for my Mom. Here are five ideas to get you started:
- The Classic-Mother's Day Brunch! There are countless fabulous restaurants in Seattle and Bellevue from which to choose. Here are six stand outs:
- If Northwest Cuisine is your Mom's idea of bliss, check out the Barking Frog restaurant in Woodinville.
- If you want views to accompany your dining experience, try Ray's Boathouse...
- or Palisade (both located in Seattle).
- Perhaps your Mom's prefers French cuisine? If so, you can't go wrong at Campagne at the Pike Place Market, or...
- the quaint Madison Park Cafe.
- For a more eclectic, casual-and still delicious-meal, the Volunteer Park Cafe will nourish you.
- How 'bout spending an afternoon getting mani/pedis with your Mom? Pick up your Mom, grab a cup of coffee and head on over to Cindy's, , or Au Courant. You can both just sit and relax or chat away the hour while doing something you both enjoy.
- Want to put a smile on your Mom's face? A stroll through the Seattle Arboretum just might make her heart sing! Stroll through the acres and acres-all 230 of them-of beauty and really take the time to "stop and smell the flowers." Before you leave, check out the King County Master Gardener Foundation Plant Sale & Learning Fair at the Center for Urban Horticulture. This special event is on Sunday, from 8am-5pm. There will be tasty treats to sample, plants to purchase, and plenty of gardening tips and advice to go around.
- Vegas anyone? I overheard a gentleman telling his buddies that he was planning to surprise his wife and take her to watch a closed circuit boxing event, this weekend, in Vegas. For Mother's Day. Really! While I have to admit that this is one of the most unique ideas I have heard, it could backfire. After doing a bit of research, I learned that Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao will take on "Sugar" Shane Mosley on May 7th at the MGM Grand. Or, you can view it on Closed Circuit TV at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. If your Mother is a fan of Vegas and boxing, this could be just the ticket. If not, perhaps something else on the list might be more appropriate.
- For everything my Mom does for my family and me, I wanted to make sure she knew that-even if I couldn't be there to celebrate with her — she would be pampered. So, I hired a , like local company , to pick her and my Dad up for dinner, and arranged for a delightful dinner at one of her favorite restaurants.
This Sunday, May 8, is a very special day, so don't forget your Mom. And to all of the Mothers reading this, may you have a happy and memorable Mother's Day surrounded by the people you love. For all you do, a toast to you.