From a screaming deal on supper at on Wednesdays to whale watching in the San Juan Islands, here are this week's money-saving ideas. This is our last week of the "Frugal Family" feature, but we're continuing to feature great local deals in our "Play Date" feature later today. Check it out!
- has a weekly community dinner every Wednesday night from 5:30-7 p.m. for a suggested donation of $4 per adult and $3 per child 12 and under, cash only. Chefs Bill and Anita Lex cook up thematic suppers based on the time of year, such as corned beef and cabbage on St Patricks Day, but they’ve produced everything from spagetti and meatballs to fried chicken, enchiladas and turkey with dressing. The price includes salad bar, entrée, beverage and dessert. Good throughout the year.
- offers a buy one, get one free DVD on every DVD that you have transferred from tapes or camcorders. Good all year.
- Mercer Island has an online coupon deal for the second month free. You must visit their website, www.pugetsoundstorage.com and click on the Mercer Island location button, print out the coupon and present it when you go in to rent your storage space. Good through April 30.
- Seniors receive a 10 percent discount on everything except animal care products at . Good all year.
- Go whale watching through the San Juans for $49 with San Juan Excursions via an online deal at Groupon. http://www.groupon.com/seattle/area/seattle. Good through October 1, 2011.