Menchie's Frozen Yogurt announced it will open its Mercer Island franchise on Saturday, Oct. 20 with a "Grand Opening Week" featuring a variety of Menchie's-themed give-aways, discounts and more.
The store is scheduled to open at 11 a.m. with a ceremonial ribbon cutting and offer free 8 oz. frozen yogurt servings and free t-shirts given out to the first 50 guests until 1 p.m. A balloon artist will also be on hand to entertain the kids.
The store will feature several daily rotating flavors and a selection of around 40 toppings.
The name "Menchie's" is a derivation of the Yiddish word "Mensch", which means a "good or generous man". Co-founder Adam Caldwell originally used "Menchie" as a nickname for his then girlfriend (now wife and co-founder) Danna — mistakenly thinking it meant "blessing". But the name stuck, according to the company's website.
Here's the Grand Opening events schedule for the rest of the week:
- Sunday, 10/21 1 p.m.: Free Plushie Dolls while supplies last
- Monday, 10/22 5-6 p.m. $1 yumm hour- fill up your cup for $1-limit one per guest
- Tuesday, 10/23 2-4 p.m.: Kids 10 and under get a free yogurt
- Wednesday, 10/24 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Half-off lunchtime yumm (a frozen yogurt purchase)
- Thursday, 10/25 3 p.m.: free dodge ball with purchase of a yogurt, while supplies last
- Friday, 10/26 8-11 p.m.: Date night, buy one get one free