The holiday shopping season is upon us, and if you are among the nearly two and a half million Americans who have pledged to participate in Small Business Saturday, November 26th in an effort to support your local community by shopping at small businesses in your area, here are some ideas for you.
Here are ten unique shops owned by 'Momtrepeneurs' based right here on Mercer Island and an original gift idea from each of them.
Make your pledge to shop your local small businesses on Small Business Saturday here.
1. Jens Signs
Jen Williamson, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Hand-painted signs and decorations.
- Gift Idea: Merry Christmas mantle blocks $125
- (reverse side "Happy Halloween")
- Where to buy: C. Michele
- Website: www.jenssigns.com
- Facebook Page: Jen's Signs
2. ZB's Chlidren's Clothing
Elysia Sloan, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Fun, original childrens' clothing.
- Gift Idea: ZB's 4-in-1 pants $39
- Where to buy: Website: www.zbschildrensclothing.com
- Facebook Page (Like ZB's on Facebook and receive $10 off): ZB's Children's Clothing
3. Lisi Wolf Photography
Lisi Wolf, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: "Effortless family photos."
- Gift Idea: Family candid photos. Contact Lisi for package options.
- Website: www.lisiwolf.com
- Facebook page: Lisi Wolf Photography
Erin Underwood, Proprietor
- Store Specialty:
- Creative and funny t-shirts for infants and toddlers.
- Gift Idea: iPod inspired infant onesie $20
- Where to buy: Boston Street Baby in Post Alley (Seattle)
- Website: www.pixierock.com
- Facebook page: Pixie Rock
5. Amen Jewelry
Lisa Novak, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Original, handmade religious inspired jewelry.
- Gift Idea: Sterling silver wings of the dove necklace $175
- Where to buy: Website: www.amenjewelry.com
- Etsy page: Amen Jewelry
6. Rodan + Fields Dermatologists
Lara Davis, Sales Manager
- Store Specialty: Anti-Aging skin care from the makers of Proactiv
- Gift idea: Stay Sharp Special Anti-Aging System $200
- Where to buy (mention this article for a special offer) Website: https://laradavis.myrandf.com/
7. Bippity Alice
Alice Finch, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Handmade bibs, aprons, yoga mats and more for infants, children and adults.
- Gift Idea: Bippity Mega Bib $26
- Where to buy: Website: www.bippityalice.com
- Etsy page: Etsy Shop
Sara Seumae, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Organic and affordable clothing and accessories for women.
- Gift Idea: Faux wrap dress $88
- Where to buy: Website: www.choosespun.com
- Facebook page: Spun Organic Clothing
9. Bippity Bricks
Alice Finch, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Online store featuring all things Lego including parts, box sets, instructions and accessories.
- Gift Idea: LEGO Star Wars, The Visual Dictionary $22
- Where to buy: Website: Bippity Bricks
Nancy Gordon, Proprietor
- Store Specialty: Lice prevention and removal
- Gift Idea: Gift bag including organic lice repellent spray, fashion brush and Moo G barrette $35-38.
- Where to buy: Lice Knowing You Website: www.liceknowingyou.com
- Facebook page: Lice Knowing You
Little Miss Muff, Jordan Stillinger, Proprietor.
Though still in her newlywed years and not technically a "Momtrepeneur" as of yet, this Mercer Island resident is the creator of handmade neck muffs.
Gift idea: Luxe faux fur neck muff $35