The Mercer Island City Council is seeking a diverse range of citizens to voluntarily serve on several advisory boards and commissions. Appointments are made by the Mayor and affirmed by the City Council. Generally, terms run June 1 through May 31, for a four-year period. Upon appointment, board members can expect to spend approximately ten hours a month serving on the board, although the level of commitment may vary.
The boards and commissions with positions available are:
- Arts Council (3 positions)
- Design Commission (2 positions)
- Open Space Conservancy Trust (2 positions)
- Planning Commission (2 positions)
- Utility Board (2 positions)
- Youth & Family Services Advisory Board (4 adult positions for three-year terms; 3 positions for current 8th graders, 1 position for current 9th grader, and 3 positions for current 10th graders for two-year terms)
For more information contact Deputy City Clerk Tami McNeal at 206-275-7795 or by email at email@example.com for further information or to have an application mailed to you.
--Information from the City of Mercer Island