It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Mercer Island Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 24 at .
- Why Go: Join the MI Presbyterian Church this Friday evening for a performance by the Total Experience Gospel Choir. Pastor Patrinell Staten Wright started the group as a gospel music class at Seattle's Franklin High School in 1973. Since then the choir has grown to become a nationally and internationally known gospel-singing group.
- Cost: Donations are suggested.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 25 at the .
- Why Go: Ginny Reilly and David Maloney will be performing this Saturday at the Youth Theatre. Don't miss this chance to see one of the best folksinging duos around. Never heard of them? Check out this Youtube clip of Reilly and Maloney in action.
- Cost: Tickets are $17.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Sunday and Monday at the
- Why Go: If you missed last week's production of Pavane at the Renton Civic Theatre, this Sunday and Monday will be your last chance to catch this great play before it's gone. A One-Act Production always puts on a great show and we've heard nothing but great things about Pavane. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: Tickets are $15.
- Where/When: 4:30-8:30 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 26 at Northwest Yeshiva High School.
- Why Go: The NW Yeshiva High School is hosting a grand Gala Dinner and Auction at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in downtown Seattle. Enjoy live and silent auctions, student art exhibits, music and much more. This year, NYHS is honoring Iris and Steven Schwartz for the dedication to the school and community.
- Cost: Tickets are $150.
- Where/When: 6-9:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 24 at ShoWare Center in Kent.
- Why Go: Children of all ages can expect lots of fun at the "You Me We" festival this Friday. The second-annual family event is a celebration of local talent and the many youth and teen resources available in Kent. Activities will include interactive booths, hands-on art activities, sports competitions face painting, bounce houses, games, contests, raffles, and more!
- Cost: Free.