It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Mercer Island Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday at .
- Why Go: If you missed it last weekend, this is your last chance to meet the eccentric, artistic, creative and zany Sycamore family in the Drama department's winter play, You Can't Take It With You. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: Purchase tickets at lunch for $10 or at the ASB office. Tickets will also be sold at the door for $15.
- Where/When: 5-8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 3 at in Mercer Island.
- Why Go: Join the MIVAL Gallery this Friday for the opening of their newest exhibit, Passions from the Heart. This is your chance to meet the artists behind the artwork now being shown at the gallery through the end of the month.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: Saturday and Sunday.
- Why Go: Bank of America is helping its customers celebrate the new year through Museums on Us, giving bank cardholders free admission to the Northwest African American Museum, the Seattle Art Museum and the Tacoma Art Museum.
- Pricing: Free. Just show the museum your Bank of America debit/credit card.
- Where/When: First Friday of every month at the .
- Why Go: If you foresee a visit to the Bellevue Arts Museum anytime in your near future, you might as well make it happen this Friday--admission is free! On top of free admission to all the current exhibits at the museum, you'll also have the opportunity to sit in on special workshops and lectures throughout the day. Visit the BAM event calendar for more information.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 5 at .
- Why Go: Looking for an alternative to the Super Bowl this Sunday? Join Island Books this Sunday as they welcome the folks from Watermark Bindery to lead a journal-making workshop. Learn how their books are made and get a chance to try the techniques for yourself.
- Cost: The workshop is free. Watermark Bindery will be bringing some custom personalized notebooks made exclusively for Island Books, and these, like all the journals at Island Books, will be discounted 20% until Valentine’s Day.
And still you want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.