It’s Thursday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Mercer Island Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work, get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. Fri, Oct 28 at .
- Why Go: This week, the Mercer Island Arts Council's "Classics on Film" features the powerful documentary Food, Inc.. Never heard of it? Check out the film's trailer to see what you're in for. Stick around after the showing for a Q&A with Lance Rhoades, film historian and program director for the Mercer Island Arts Council Classics on Film Program.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 7-9 p.m. on Fri, Oct. 28 at .
- Why Go: The Mercer Island Covenant Church invites children in grades 1-5 to come dressed in costume for a party. Friday Fun Nights at the Covenant Church happen 5 times a year and this costume party is always a success. There will be prizes for costumes, carnival games and treats.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 5-11 p.m. on Saturday and 5-9 p.m. on Sunday at the Old Boy's & Girl's Club (2825 W Mercer Way).
- Why Go: Get in the Halloween spirit this weekend at Mercer Island Boys & Girls Club Teen Center's Haunted House. Or, if you've kids under 6th grade in tow, check out the free Halloween Carnival from 5-8 p.m.
- Cost: $10 per person for the Haunted House. The Halloween Carnival is free for those under 6th grade.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at .
- Why Go: The Youth Theatre Northwest invites you to celebrate the Halloween season at this unique, outdoor performance. QUARANTINE is a 40 minute guided performance and tour through the shadowy and frightening trails of Mercer Island's Island Crest Park.
- Cost: Tickets range between $13 and $15.
- Where/When: 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Sun, Oct. 30 at .
- Why Go: If you like old gospel hymns, you'll want to check out the Old Fashioned Hymn Sing-along happening at the Covenant Church this Sunday night. Come and sing along with organ, piano, and a small orchestra. Enjoy an extra-ordinary trumpet/piano duet, a men's quartet and a mixed quartet. The Hymn Sing-along will be followed by a reception of cake, coffee and tea.
- Cost: The event is free and open to all.
And still you want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.