It’s Thursday, and you have no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Mercer Island Patch is coming to the rescue. We have the best bets for your done-with-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7 - 9 p.m. on Friday, September 16, , 3200 78th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040 (Upper level Fellowship Hall)
- Why Go: For all girls ages 11-111! A fun evening of meeting new friends, helping a women's shelter in Seattle, MARY'S PLACE, and enjoying a yummy dessert! If you wish, bring a new item to place in one of the gift baskets.
- Cost: $5, reservations: Julie Steel, 206 232 1015 ext. 105
- Where/When: 5-7 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17 at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church on Mercer Island
- Why Go: HTLC Youth & Social Concerns committees are joining forces to raise funds for: The 2012 National Youth Gathering and Mission Trip to New Orleans (their 3rd rebuilding trip) for the high school youth and outreach commitments to: 1st Place School, Club 24, Hamomi Children's Centre and El Milagro. Join us for food, fun and funds, check out the HTLC website www.htlcmi.org for a scrolling list of donations.
- Cost: $30 per person for food and beverages. Childcare will be available.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Friday, Sept 16 at the Roanoke Inn.
- Why Go: Mercer Island High School class of 1981 30 year reunion is happening this coming Friday and Saturday. Friday night will feature an informal gathering at the Roanoke starting at 7 PM. Saturday will feature the "Wormburner" golf tournament in the morning and a dinner gathering at the Mercer Island Community Center at 6 PM. More information and registration for these events can be found at http://www.mihsclassof81.com
- Cost: Free
- Where/When: 5 - 8:15 p.m. Sunday, Sept 18 at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, Seattle Center, 321 Mercer St, Seattle, WA
- Why Go: Eat. Sing. Give. The new face of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle unfolds at McCaw Hall to raise awareness and funds to benefit the local and worldwide Jewish community. This year the Federation is thrilled to present the YouTube sensations The Maccabeats, an a cappella group from Yeshiva University which will make for a memorable evening of giving.The evening will begin with registration and dinner at 5 pm, followed by The Maccabeats’ first performance in Seattle at 6:30pm. Dinner, hosted beverage service and the show are included in the registration price.
- Phone: 206-443-5400
- Cost: $54, $108 for patron level registration
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept 17 at the Olde Wine Store.
- Why Go: Delicious wine tasting of Tempranillos of Spain followed by awesomely local band Save the Forest will play an honest acoustic set.
- Cost: $5
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.