It’s Thursday, and you have no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Mercer Island Patch is coming to the rescue. We have the best bets for your done-with-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Sunday at the Puyallup Fair Grounds.
- Why Go: The Puyallup Fair is back! So grab your friends and family and head to Puyallup for all the attractions you'd expect plus a few extras. Activities and entertainment include animal shows, 4-H and FFA students competing, grange displays, home arts cooking contests and quilts, the International Photo Exhibition that draws entries from all corners of the globe, Hobby Hall, floral designs, and rides, including the new thrill ride, Vertigo. Patch will even have a booth at the Fiar this year so be sure to stop by to say hi while you pick up some free Patch swag.
- Cost: Admission ranges from $9 to $11. Kids under 5 are free.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Sunday at Youth Theatre Northwest.
- Why Go: Add a little magic to your weekend by attending this Magic Show at the Youth Theatre this weekend. G.G. Green will be performing a unique blend of magic and humor that will keep the audience guessing at every turn. Not sure this magic show is for you? Check out this video of G.G. in action at the Pike Place Market so you'll know what you're in for.
- Cost: All tickets are $12. Proceeds from this show will benefit Youth Theatre Northwest and your child's Mercer Island school.
- Where/When: 6 a.m. Sat, Sept 10 at Luther Burbank Park.
- Why Go: Start your Saturday early with this open water swim in Lake Washington. The two mile race starts at the Mercerwood Shore Club and ends at Luther Burbank Park. If a two mile swim seems a little excessive, feel free to sign up for the more manageable half mile swim instead. Regardless of which distance you choose, at the end of the day you'll be able to rest easy knowing you helped support a great cause, the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
- Cost: Race registration is $50.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Sat, Sept 10 at .
- Why Go: Wrap up the gardening year with bargains galore. Shop for plants that add fall and winter interest to the garden, including perennials from the famous NPA Border and an array of plants from specialty nurseries. Hot coffee and tents in case of inclement weather will be provided.
- Cost: Admission is free. All proceeds from this fundraiser benefit the NPA Border.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. Sun, Sept 11 at the Roanoke Inn.
- Why Go: Looking for a good spot to catch the first regular season game this Sunday? Check out Roanoke, they have lots of TV's, a friendly atmosphere, good service and most importantly, a great beer selection. GO SEAHAWKS!
- Cost: No cover.