It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- Where/When: 1-5 p.m. for Pre-Race Expo on Saturday, Last minute registration starts at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday at and .
- Why Go: The 40th Annual Mercer Island Half Marathon, organized by the Rotary Club of Mercer Island Foundation, is one of the community's signature events and brings thousands of visitors to Mercer Island every spring.
- Cost: Pre-Race Expo and Race Village (Sunday) Free; Race Registration ranges from $10 to $75
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 23-25, at.
- Why Go: If you haven’t caught the Youth Theatre’s production of Urinetown, this weekend is your last chance. This hilarious musical tells a tale of greed, corruption, love, revolution and is sure to keep audiences on the edge of their seats throughout the show. Go see it before it’s too late!
- Cost: Tickets range between $13 and $15. Appropriate for ages 10+.
- Where/When: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at .
- Why Go: This Saturday, Island Books will celebrate the birthday of owner Roger Page. To celebrate, Island Books will be taking money out of his pocket and giving it to you! Just visit the Island Books website and print the special banknote, then bring it into the store anytime on Saturday to get $5 off your purchase of $25 or more. Spend $50 and take off $10, spend $100 and take off $20, and so on.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 6-9 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at .
- Why Go: The children of Youth Theatre Northwest invite you to join their community of supporters at their annual fundraising dinner on March 24. Celebrate and support the children's talents, creativity and theatrical aspirations during this special murder mystery performance.
- Cost: $125 per person.
- Where/When: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at the .
- Why Go: If you recently went through your annual spring cleaning marathon, this event might be just what you need to finally get the junk out the door of your house. Load up all the items that the trashman wouldn't haul away and bring it to the City Boat Launch for a safe and clean disposal.
- Cost: Most items will be disposed of for free. Check our event listing by clicking on the title of this event for more information.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 24-25, at in Bellevue.
- Why Go: The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center presents the sing-along sensation with “The Sound of Music,” one of the most successful movie musicals of all time. This classic movie will be shown on a big screen while audiences enjoy a fun, liberating night out. Audience participation with subtitles for all songs is strongly encouraged.
- Cost: Tickets are $22 for adults, $18 for students and seniors, $62 for a family pass, $17 for groups of 10 or more.