The Mercer Island Farmers Market will hold its final market of the season this Sunday, including fall offerings that would be great for a Thanksgiving feast.
Looking for a new recipe? Also on Mercer Island Patch: Thanksgiving Recipes: Beyond the Traditional Bird
According to the Market, vendors are expected to bring potatoes, onions, shallots, garlic, celery, eggs, sausage, cheese, winter squash, sugar pumpkins, apples, pears, spinach, tomatoes, arugula, beets, turnips, leeks, kale, chard, carrots, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, fresh sage, thyme and parsley and other great fixings.
Add these favorites to your Thanksgiving Day Shopping List:
- Collins Family Orchard: apples, pears & plums
- Crown S Ranch: Beef, Lamb, Pork & Poultry (sorry no turkeys left)
- Little Brown Farm: Assorted artisan goat cheeses
- Olsen Farms: 15+ variety of potatoes, featuring smoked ham and rack of lamb for those special holiday meals in addition to their other meats
- Middlefork Coffee Roasters will be offering: Free coffee samples, All 7 of the regular blends, decaf, and a "NEW HOLIDAY BLEND" and Travel Mugs. Pre-order 5# bulk bags of coffee for the holiday season, $50 each. To order call 206-375-1368. Orders will need to be in by Thursday for pick up on Sunday.
- Pinckney Cookies & Jonboy Caramels bringing their amazing sweet treats.
- Theo Dorres Teas offering a special HOLIDAY BLEND in addition to her unusual hand mixed teas and tisanes.
- Tonnemaker Family Orchard CIDER!, apples, pears and squash and FROZEN: sweet cherries, peaches, nectarines dried peppers & tomatoes
- Not a complete list, more vendors coming
- Stop by the Information Booth to purchase gift certificates for next year’s Mercer Island Farmers Market. Sold in $10 denominations & good for purchases from any vendor.
ARTS & CRAFTS:
- Artists from MIVAL will be bringing an assortment of beautiful items for gift giving (or keeping!).
- Artist Leslie West with a love for recycled wares and great style brings containers, bags and other surprises.
- Artist Joni Johnson is bringing an assortment of her wonderful glass art.
- There will be more beautifully made objects to discover such such as outdoor garden art & wooden bowls.
The Mercer Island Farmers Market is from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. near Mercerdale Park, SE 32nd St. & 78th Ave. SE.