Halloween is right around the corner, so now is the time to make plans for your fright-fest! Our top Halloween picks for this weekend and next:
- Costume Sale: Got your costume ready for Halloween? No? No problem! The Youth Theatre Northwest's annual Halloween Costume Sale is this Saturday, Oct. 22, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Every year, YTN opens up its massive costume storage to sell costumes, clothing and accessories that have been used on stage in seasons past. Check out their website for more details.
- Preschooler Halloween Party: The Mercer Island Preschool Association is holding a Halloween Party designed for preschoolers at the Mercer Room in the Mercer Island Community Center, just for preschoolers! From 10 a.m. until noon, the little ones can enjoy fun Halloween-themed crafts, games, and activities, and of course, tricks or treats! Be sure to wear your costume for our Costume Show & Dance Party! Cost: MIPA Members: $1 Non-members: $
- Mercer Island's Haunted Forest: This isn't your typical "haunted house". Quarantine, Mercer Island's Haunted Forest is produced by (see the video attached) and is performing this weekend and next at Island Crest Park. Approximate times for Saturday's performance is 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 1:15 p.m. Cost is $13-15.
- Boys & Girls Club Halloween Carnival: Don't forget next weekend's Haunted House and Halloween Carnival (Oct. 29 & 30) at the old Boys & Girls Club, 2825 West Mercer Way — free for elementary school students and $10 for sixth-graders and older. Approximate times are 7 -11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29 and 5 - 9 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30.
- Dracula, the ballet! International Ballet Theatre celebrates the hallowed season with their annual performance of DRACULA! A Halloween treat for the entire family! The experience created through original choreography and first-rate dance talent takes the audience on a journey from a small European village to hallowed ground and then to the castle of Dracula. At the Meydenbauer Theater in Bellevue on Friday, Oct. 21 at 7:30 pm. Cost $25-$50.
- ZomBCon: ZomBCon, the premiere destination for walking, driving and flying dead-heads is happening at the SeaTac Hilton and Seattle Center this weekend, Oct 21-23, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be horror film screenings, zombie panel discussions, music and more. Cost is $55-119.