Every Thursday, Mercer Island Patch runs a weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
Here's this week's picks for taking a walk to enjoy the sunshine and spring flowers and budding trees. To find out what rules and regs cover the parks, contact the .
- is a large park with playgrounds and plenty of space for dog walking and trails for running.
- is a favorite among equestrians out for a spring jaunt.
- is located near St Monica School, so it shouldn’t surprise you to see some kids hanging out there before or after school.
- is one and a half acres of woodsy quiet right off of noisy Island Crest Way, so it’s the perfect place for a siesta during your lunch hour.
- is a tucked-away little park that doesn’t get much traffic, so you can slip away and go there for quiet contemplation or take a book and enjoy nature.
- has a skate park for teens and a train and swings for little kids, plus it’s right next to the business corridor, so you can swing by the store and grab lunch before you go.
- is a tiny half-acre park is right on the water, so you can sit on the benches and watch the sunset with a friend.
- is a small park with picnic tables, a tennis court and a ship for kids to sail imaginary seas.
- is built on land donated by the city and school district to commemorate the United States bicentennial.