Every Thursday, Mercer Island Patch will run a new weekly feature called , highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
We'd like to hear from you on what's hot on the Island!
Here are this week's picks for the best places to go to get fit:
- Mercer Island’s has several levels of water aerobics classes that can get you fit without stressing your joints.
- , and have many classes that will kick and punch you into fitness.
- The has dozens of choices for fitness, from Kendo classes (Japanese sword fighting) to Zumba (dance exercise), they’ve got something for everyone at every fitness level.
- has workout classes and a variety of exercise machines to help you get healthy this spring.
- takes a holistic approach to stretching and getting your body and mind into shape.
- The offers exercise classes for kids and adults for members and non-members.
- provides Joseph Pilate’s unique fitness regimen that works the core of your body.
- There are also a number of and on Mercer Island who will work with you one-on-one to create a fitness plan.