If you’ve got kids, summer means one thing: summer camps! Mercer Island has a wide variety of summer camps to choose from, with vacation Bible camps and day camps at the Community Center at Mercer View, but remember that June is just a few weeks away, so sign up now to get a jump start on summer fun. Here's a few summer camps that we thought could be worth your while (if we missed one — please tell us in the comments!)
- is hosting “Hometown Nazareth, Where Jesus was a Kid” vacation camp from 9:30 a.m. to noon on July 11-15.
- has Bible camp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. August 15-19, with a carnival on Friday, August 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- hosts “Breaking Free” camp from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 25-29.
- The has 70 different summer camps to choose from, starting on June 27. Check www.myparksandrecreation.com for a full list.
- The hosts 37 unique summer camps starting on June 20 and going through August 26. These summer camps are open to everyone, not just those of the Jewish faith.
- offers two summer camps, Vacation Bible School from July 25-28, and Island Beat Nature and Music Camp for kids ages 9-14 in June. Island Beat registration is at islandbeatmnc.org
- Camp Fire USA's Blyth Park Day Camp is taking place July 25-29 in Bothell. This is also a great opportunity for older kids to volunteer and act as mentors or volunteer specialists.