.

Candle Blamed for Tam O'Shanter House Fire that Displaced Family

A candle caused a house fire in the Tam O'Shanter neighborhood that displaced a family of three Thursday night, according to the Bellevue Fire Department. If there were smoke detectors in the home, they were not operable, Bellevue Fire added.

A candle caused a house fire in the Tam O'Shanter neighborhood that displaced a family of three Thursday night, according to the Bellevue Fire Department.

The home was reported to have smoke detectors, however none were operable, the fire department added. 

Several neighbors reported smoke and flames coming from the a 2,800 square foot home in the 1400 block of 185th Avenue Northeast just before 7:45 p.m., according to a press release by the Bellevue Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames throughout the home, threatening two adjacent structures. It took firefighters 50 minutes to control the fire, with slight cosmetic damage to one of the adjacent homes, according to a press release by the Bellevue Fire Department.

Get community news from Bellevue Patch in your Facebook or Twitter feeds

The home was reported to have smoke detectors, however none were operable. The Red Cross was called to assist the displaced family of three.

The $400,000 home was destroyed, according to the Bellevue Fire Department. 

According to the Bellevue Firefighters Facebook page, Bellevue Fire Engines 2, 6, 8, 11, Ladders 1, 3, Medic 1, Aid 2, MSO 5, Battalion 1, and Battalion 11 responded to the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »