Mercer Island Police said that an unoccupied home in the 7800 block of Southeast 42nd Street might have been used as a hangout, according to reports released by the Mercer Island Police Department.
The owner of the home reported the break in on Monday and according to the police report, officers arrived at the property to discover the storm door window was broken, and a portable table was inside. The break in occurred between Feb. 4 and Feb. 18, according to the Mercer Island Police Department.
The information on this incident came from the Mercer Island Police Department press board. Other recent incidents on Mercer Island include:
- A 16-year-old boy faces charges of third-degree theft and minor in possession after Mercer Island police stopped the car he was in after 1 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16. The car matched the description of a liquor theft at Albertson's that had occurred around 10:45 p.m. Friday night. According to police, an Albertson's employee arrived on scene and identified the two people in the car as people he saw in the store's surveillance video. The 16-year-old boy told police he stole one bottle of Smirnoff Orange Vodka, and had another half-consumed bottle of alcohol in his bag.
- Two incidents of tire slashing were reported overnight Feb. 14, in the 3200 block of W. Concord Way. A man reported that two of his tires were slashed and a woman reported that three of her tires were slashed. The man told police that he did not know who would slash his tires. The woman told police that she suspected her ex-boyfriend slashed her tires. Combined damage: $500.
- An Auburn woman about 29-years-old crashed her car in the 5200 block of E Mercer Way about 3 a.m. Feb. 15. She told Mercer Island Police that she was following someone on her way home and got lost when she crossed into the northbound lanes and collided head-on with a tree. Police say she smelled of alcohol and admitted drinking. She was transported to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue.
- A set of 13 golf clubs in a Ping bag was stolen out of a storage room in the 3200 block of W. Concord Way between Feb. 11 and 13. Loss: $1,500.
- A man reported the theft of a bicycle from a school in the 8200 block of Southeast 72nd Street between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Feb. 11. Loss: $450.
- A window mount air conditioner was stolen from a storage locker in the basement of a building in the 3200 block of Shorewood Drive between Feb. 4 and 11.