Ernest "El" Jahncke
Web site: www.voteforel.com
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your full, legal name?
Ernest Lee Jahncke III
Where do you work and what is your job title?
Washington Capital Management, Inc. – Principal and Fund Manager
Where do you live now and how long have you lived there?
Mercer Island, since 1978. Specifically at 9729 SE 43rd St (near East Mercer Way).
Spouse or domestic partner if any?
Gayle Lynn Jahncke
LCDR Christina L. Jahncke, US Navy doctor stationed in Yokosuka, Japan; Lee Jahncke (ELJ IV), math teacher and football and wrestling coach at MI High School; William C. Jahncke, team leader of volunteers for Washington Trails Association; Grandson Nathan Rainier Ruggiero (2 yrs.)
Education (include graduation date(s), if any):
Stanford University, BA in political science, graduated in June, 1965; Columbia University, MBA in Finance, graduated in June 1967; UCLA, Certificate in Real Estate, 1976
Military Service (include year(s) of discharge, if any):
US Navy, August, 1967 to April, 1971. Two Vietnam combat tours with Navy SEALS and Apollo 12 and Apollo 13 recoveries, as officer-in-charge of swimmers
Memberships and affiliations with clubs and other organizations:
Pacific Real Estate Institute, (former member 1995 to 2002), UDT- SEAL Association, (mid-eighties to late-nineties)
Have you or a business you owned (or had principal interest in) ever filed bankruptcy?
As an adult, have you been convicted or charged with a crime other than a minor traffic violation?
PREVIOUS ELECTED OFFICE(S):
Elected: Mercer Island School Board, 1994 to 1997; Mercer Island City Council, three terms beginning Jan., 2000; Current Deputy Mayor
Other campaigns for public office: None
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
To continue my commitment to community public service and to continue to work for “common sense” solutions to community political issues.
What will be your top three priorities if you get elected and why?
- , as it affects virtually all Mercer Islanders daily lives
- Maintain the vastly improved in the coming years, as the community and a
What sets you apart from the other candidates and/or previous office holders?
Experience in Mercer Island city, school and community affairs
How much money do you expect your campaign to spend on this election?
$10,000 to $15,000
- MI Mayor Jim Pearman
- MI Councilmember Jane Meyer Brahm
- MI Councilmember Mike Cero
- Former MI Mayor Bryan Cairns
- Former State Rep. Ida Ballasiotes
- Former MI Councilmember Susan Blake
- Former MI Councilmember and President of Quadrant Homes Peter Orser
- School Board Director Brian Emanuel
- Former State Senator and former MI mayor Jim Horn
- Former MI Councilmember Linda Jackman
- 2009 MI Teacher of the Year Jan Sayers
- Chairman of MI Design Commission Emmett Maloof
- King County Councilmember Jane Hague
- Attorney General Rob McKenna