Starting today through the end of the week, the city-owned Mercer Island Thrift Shop (MITS) is holding its annual back-to-school "Fashion Showcase" sale.
A special feature of the sale this year will be the on-site availability of volunteer moms and daughters from the local chapter of the National Charity League who will offer fashion consultation and advice.
Thrift Shop staff reminds shoppers to arrive early for refreshments and the best selection of fashion collections and designer labels. Additional information about the sale is available on the City website here. All proceeds go directly toward funding Mercer Island Youth and Family Services.
Each day of the sale will feature a new sale or coupon. Shoppers can mention the "Mercer Island Weekly" and automatically qualify for coupon discounts or shop "paperless" and show coupons from the MITS newsletter to cashiers on your web-enabled phone. Shoppers can sign up for the newsletter in the store.
The following daily sales will take place during the event:
- Monday: Fashion Showcase, 20% off everything in the store.
- Tuesday: Coupon, $10 off a $40 purchase of "Trend" fashions.
- Wednesday: 20% off all shoes and handbags.
- Thursday: 20% all kid's clothing.
- Friday: 20% off house wares, home decor, and furniture.
- Saturday: Coupon(s), $5 off every $20 spent on denim and outerwear (cannot combine coupons).
The sale runs daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday, Aug. 22 - Friday, Aug. 27. For additional information about the sale, or to volunteer at MITS, contact Thrift Shop Coordinator, Suzanne Philen at 206-275-7760 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.