Mercer Island Schools Band Boosters are taking to YouTube to get word out for the upcoming on May 20 at Bellevue College.
The video, produced by student Sophie Lerner, shows local "celebrity" players including Director Parker Bixby and State Senator . The local celebrities are coached by former Mercer Island hoops star and his brother, Jeff.
Tickets are available at the between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily and will also be available at the door game night, or at MIHSband.com. All funds raised are in support of sending the marching band to Pasadena to march in the 2012 Tournament of Roses Parade.
According to the booster club, several additional highlights include:
- Former WNBA Seattle Storm star Adia Barnes will join the "celebrity team" as a second guest coach for Friday evening. Here is Adia’s impressive bio: Adia Barnes – Adia is an alumna of the University of Arizona, where she still holds the record for most points scored in school history with 2,237. She played seven years in the WNBA and was part of the 2004 Seattle Storm championship team. She was recently named an assistant coach with the UW women’s basketball team.
- Arrive early, doors open at 6:00pm, for good seats and participate in the pre-game Foul Shot Contest – win prizes from , , , Yo! Mercer, Youth Theater Northwest and more
- Half-Time Marching Band Performance
- Tournament of Roses President, Richard Jackson, will be attending to present the official parade flag
- All Concessions are only $1.00
- Free Parking
- Directions to North Entrance: Follow I-90 eastbound. Take Exit 11B (148th Ave. S.E.). Turn left on S.E. 24th Street (second stoplight) and proceed one block to the Bellevue College north entrance.