Symetra Heroes in the Classroom is a community program that recognizes Seattle-area teachers for outstanding leadership and instructional skills during the Seattle Seahawks season.
All K-12 teachers in King County can be nominated by:
- Current or former students of nominated teacher
- Parents of current or former students of nominated teacher
- Coworker of nominated teacher
- Current or former principal of nominated teacher
- School district staff
Criteria for Selecting Heroes?
- A teacher who makes a real difference in students' lives.
- A teacher who goes above and beyond in his/her day-to-day responsibilities.
- A teacher who helps students build life skills.
- $1,000 donation to their classroom
- Two tickets to a Seahawks regular season game
- In-game HawkVision (JumboTron) "spotlight"
- Pre-Game VIP sideline experience
- "Heroes" award certificate
- School visit by sponsors to recognize their achievement
If you know of a Mercer Island teacher who is a Hero in the Classroom you can nominate them here.