Super Bowl XLVII is this Sunday, Feb. 3, starting at 3:30 p.m. PST on CBS.
The Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers could have a battle to the final second –NFL.com analysts are pretty split on their favorites.
It is shaping up to be another of those major American festivities, including Beyonce singing at half-time, and, of course, Super Bowl ads
Five Fun Facts About the Super Bowl XLVII:
- This year, a 30-second commercial costs $4 million, up from 3.5 million last year and $42,000 in 1967, according to Time.
- Football fans are anticipated to consume an estimated 79 million pounds of Hass avocados during Big Game gatherings this year, according to the Hass Avocado Board.
- If you still think the 1983 season finale of M*A*S*H was the most-watched broadcast in the U.S., think again. The 2010 Super Bowl between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts stole that title, only to be beaten exactly one year later when 111 million people tuned in to watch the 2011 Super Bowl between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to Nielsen Co. That record was broken again last year when 111.3 million people watched the Giants beat the Patriots, according to ESPN.go.com.
- Heading into the game, the 49ers are 5-0 in Super Bowls and the Ravens are 1-0 in Super Bowls.
- Super Bowl XLVII is the first time in professional sports history that siblings will play each other. John Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49ers, according to SB Nation.
- Where to watch the Super Bowl
- Popular homemade snack recipies for the Super Bowl
Who is your pick to win? Tell us in comments.