July 13: Fun Mobile at
- 1 pm
- For kids of all ages.
- Beat the heat today with a slide down the Fun Mobile’s giant slip-n-slide. Enjoy more water fun with water guns, an obstacle course and more. Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel because you are going to get wet!
- Cost: Free but donations are always appreciated.
July 14: 2012 Mercer Mile Fun Run
- 9:30 am start and you must complete the mile by 9:45 am
- For runners of all ages
- Race begins and ends on 78th Ave and 34th Street ( and the ).
- Dress up as your favorite Olympic athlete or favorite country competing in the summer Olympics.
- Top 100 finishers will receive medals.
- Cost: $10 per person. Register for course #13030 at www.myparksandrecreation.com or by phone 206 275-7609. A signed waiver is required to be completed and turned in with each registration. View or download a registration form.
July 14: Summer Celebration Spirit of the Olympics Parade
- 10 am at Mercer Island Town Center
July 14 & 15: Summer Celebration Festival at
- July 14 11 am to 7 pm & July 15 10 am to 5 pm
- Visit the Crafts Marketplace and the Junior Arts Show sponsored by the and featuring the work of Mercer Island artists in grades K-12.
- Food vendors will offer a wide variety of food including shaved ice, egg rolls, burritos and shortcake.
- Live entertainment both days including a 2 pm to 3 pm performance on July 14 at the Pergola Stage in Mercerdale Park by the Not-Its, a rock band for kids playing music the whole family will dance to.
July 14: My First Garden Event at the Summer Celebration Festival
- 3 pm to 3:30 pm
- For kids of all ages
- Stick around after the Not-Its concert to enjoy this entertaining, hands-on planting experience where kids get to create and take home their very own flower garden with the help of a Wells Medina Nursery flower guru.
- Cost: Free, sponsored by .
July 14 & 15: Kids Fun Zone at the Summer Celebration in
- July 14 10 am to 5 pm, July 15 11 am to 7 pm
- Kids of all ages will find something fun to do at the Kids Fun Zone which features inflatable rides, miniature train rides, arts and crafts and other kid friendly activities.
- Cost: Weekend Everything Pass (zip line not included) which includes the Fireworks Festivities and Train Rides - $28 or Single Day Pass for Mercerdale activities only (zip line not included) - $15. Both passes are purchased as wristbands from the Community Center through July 13th only.
- Individual ride tickets are $2 a piece and can be purchased at ticket booths at Mercerdale park Saturday and Sunday.
July 14: Summer Celebration Boat Rides Around the Island Departing from the
- 10:30 am to 3 pm
- For families
- Enjoy a one and a half hour cruise aboard the Argosy boat Celebrations. Trips offered at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm with boarding begins 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Cost: $15 per person, age 18 and over, under age 18, $10
- Tickets must be purchased by Friday, July 13th by calling 206 275-7609 or in person at the during normal business hours.
July 14: Summer Celebration Fireworks Celebration at
- 7 pm to 11 pm
- For families
- Enjoy live entertainment while you wait for the fireworks. Uncle Stinky’s Magic Show performs from 7 pm to 7:45 pm, Gruvbox, a cover band, from 8 pm to 10 pm.
- Food vendors also on site.
- Free shuttle service will be offered beginning at 6:30 to 9:45 from to . After the fireworks, busses will return all riders to City Hall.
July 17: Adventure Playground at Deane’s Children’s Park adjacent to
- 1 pm to 4 pm
- For kids of all ages
- This is not a drop off program and supervision by an adult caregiver is required.
- Adventure Playground is a one of a kind play area that allows kids to create their own play adventure in the wooded forest of Deane’s Children’s Park, children are provided toolboxes, building supplies, safety items and the freedom to create build-it –yourself play zones with the guidance of park staff.
- Cost: Free but donations to fund this popular program are always welcome.
Free Friend Fridays at the
- SJCC members can bring a friend for free every Friday in July to work out, take a class or swim in the pool.
- Limited to one friend per member and guests must register at the reception desk.
- Good Through: July 27, 2012