With the official arrival of the fall season, glass pumpkins have returned to the Island.
The annual Pumpkin Patch Fundraiser supports the Mercer Island Youth and Family Services (MIYFS) Foundation, and is a partnership with local artists Joni Johnson, Sean Star and Ryan Staub.
Proceeds directly support MIYFS, the City of Mercer Island's human services department, which touches every member of our community through counselors in the schools, senior outreach and advocacy, affordable family and individual counseling, arrested youth and early intervention programs, family assistance, and a thriving thrift shop.
Please help preserve
these vital programs and services by shopping for glass pumpkins at the
following Island locations during the month of October:
- Aljoya: 2430 76th Ave SE
- Au Courant: 7900 SE 28th Street, #100
- Banner Bank: 2918 78th Ave SE
- Cascade Frames: 3049 78th Ave SE
- Chamber of Commerce: 7605 SE 27th Street
- City Hall: 9611 SE 36th Street
- MI Community and Event Center: 8236 SE 24th Street
- David Weed, DDS: 2955 80th Ave SE, #101
- Island Books: 3014 78th Ave SE
- Mercer Island Florist: 3006 78th Ave SE
- Six Walls: 2630 77th Ave SE, #102
- South Mercer Chevron: 8407 SE 68th Street
- Terra Bella: 2864 77th Ave SE (newest location)
- MIYFS at Luther Burbank Park: 2040 84th Ave SE
The City thanks the glass artists, the Chamber of Commerce and local merchants for participating in this annual community event. For more information, email MIYFS Administrative Coordinator Kim Richards or call (206) 275-7754.