Expect heavier traffic than normal through Eastside streets, as northbound Interstate 405 through Bellevue will closes through the weekend starting Friday night for another round of roadway repairs, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
All northbound lanes of I-405 between Southeast Eighth Street and State Route 520 in Bellevue will close from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, until the morning of Monday, Aug. 12, for concrete panel replacement.
Crews also will do I-405 roadwork in Kirkland and Renton over the weekend as well, according to the WSDOT.
There will be detours through Bellevue. Bookmark the Bellevue traffic map for more information on local traffic.
Here's a summary of the closures from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, to 4 a.m. Monday, Aug. 12:
- All lanes of northbound I-405 from Southeast Eighth Street to SR 520, as well as the eastbound and westbound I-90 ramps to northbound I-405 will be closed through 4 a.m. Monday.
- The exit to Southeast Eighth Street remains open, but drivers should expect heavy congestion and long delays.
- Northbound I-405 will be reduced to one lane between SR 520 and Northeast 70th Street in Kirkland from 2 to 7 a.m. on Sunday and from 1 to 5 a.m. on Monday.
- The on-ramp from Northeast Eighth Street to northbound I-405 will remain open.
10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 12:
- Contractor crews close the northbound SR 167 ramp to northbound I-405.
- The on-ramp from northbound SR 167 to southbound I-405 will remain open.
- The on-ramp from Rainier Avenue South to northbound I-405 will remain open.